Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 13

Nononono it's happening again...

When my first flare started on day 5 it got really bad on my face, I had blisters and cuts and it kept weeping a little bit... it slowly healed the next few days, despite slowly and painfully, it started to heal.  Up until last night, my face got really itchy, and even though I can usually refrain from scratching my face at all costs, I still wasn't able to resist a few times, and it was weeping afterwards.  And today, I feel like it's gone back to my day 5 flare condition - crusty, occasionally weeping, with very dry flakes. I am only thankful that it's a tiny bit better than last time as it doesn't have as many cuts and blisters, but still... I couldn't go to work at all, and I feel like crap.

As for my body, it's pretty itchy all over, mainly on my limbs. It's a little weepy right above my ankle for both feet, but luckily it's just a little. My skin is now in a pretty weird condition - it's very dry, but not so dry that I couldn't move as I've experienced before, it's red and flaky, but it doesn't have wounds as easily as I expect. In the past usually when I scratch real hard (and that's most of the time), it gets cut, but not it seems less likely.

My eyes are still swollen, and lots of secretions as well, and it's also a bit blurry since last week. My body is quite bad at regulating my body temperature, as I'm even feeling slightly shivering when the fan is blowing right at me, which is totally not common given that I live in Hong Kong and it's summer now so it's like at least 28 Celsius degrees.

Overall my skin is super red... when will all this go away.. please...


5 comments:

  1. You live in hk? So do I! I found your blog from itsan and I m going thru the tsw too... Feels like living in hell. Lets be brave and support each other. It feels great to know someone going thru the same thing with me int the same city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, friend from HK!I'm so glad you've found me! This battle is really too hard for one to walk alone, so yes let's support each other and walk this journey together!How many days are you in this already? Do you keep a blog as well?

      Delete
    2. Hi Celine,

      Yes, I am so glad to know that someone is going thru the same tough journey with me together. Are you seeing any chinese doc or do anything meanwhile to make yourself feeling better? Let's exchange more info via email. You can email me at brenda.chu@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hang in there Celine! I am in month 4 and I have full body redness. It's hard, but I know in the end it'll be worth it. I remember when I first started, I couldn't imagine even being in month 4, but later you kind of forget about counting the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement Sandra! Right now I'm still in the state of counting the dreadful days... I've never really come to appreciate just simply having a "good day" to be able to go to work or meet up with friends...But yes, I will be faithful and strong, knowing that all this will come to and end and this suffering will all be worth it.

      Bless your healing as well!

      Delete