Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 8

So finally, one week down. God it felt like forever. Looking at all other red skin warriors' blogs, seeing them going through three digit days or even years of withdrawal, makes me feel like I could never get there. But then seeing all those stories of being completely healed gives me so much hope of getting past this nightmare that has haunted me since I was born.

A little background of me - I've had eczema since I was born.  Needless to say, doctors prescribed me with steroids once they diagnosed eczema, so god knows how many years I've been on it. The good news out of the bad news is that I've always known that steroid doesn't do us good, so I've always tried to use as few of it as possible. But things got worse and I've changed doctors, and the one that I've seen a couple of years ago started giving me oral steroids. I would have to pay him a visit every few weeks, and he would always tell me, "you know your eczema is incurable right?" Thanks doc, what a relief. And this situation went on until last week when I was feeling a bit desperate and looked for blogs for people who suffered the same as I do, I found out about Topical Steroid Addiction. To my surprise, I matched ALL of the symptoms. Without even much thought, I decided to WITHDRAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment