Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 14

[Change of Blog title]

So I've changed my blog title to "Dreaming of an itch free life" instead of "Defeating the red scratchy monster", just so people wouldn't get confused with the book "Taming the Scratchy Monster".  Let me just say how much I long for my dream to come true...

Today's condition:

Face - slightly better with the wounds, less weepy, though when I sometimes uncontrollably scratched my face it wept for a while but luckily dried up not too long later. Still red like an angry lobster, and super flaky, eyes still swollen.

Limbs - still the same, red and flaky, I think my arms got more itchy today. I realized that my legs are constantly a little weepy, though it's pretty minor, it feels more like sweat. Luckily it doesn't really bring too much discomfort, but I just feel like it's giving me a weird smell. My boyfriend has always told me I have a "Celine smell".... it feels so embarrassing but he says it's ok... I really really hope it goes away as I get slowly healed...

Body temperature regulation - this has been one of my biggest problems, especially today. I'm feeling pretty hot today, like I'm sweating a bit, but when I turn on the fan blowing right at me I feel a bit chilly, so now I'm having the fan blow halfway at me and myself left sweating a little. Sometimes I wonder if it's actually weeping rather than sweating, but then I kinda feel hot....

One thing I've noticed last night - I woke in the middle of the night feeling hot and itchy, so I had a mini scratch fest and I noticed that the itch was spreading - first it was my upper thigh, then slowly down to the knees, then the back of my knees, etc, and the same happened to my arms. I don't know if it's only myself since I would distract my intense itches by starting a new scratch somewhere else, and it sometimes works. After some time my body cooled down, (and it's obvious since I started feeling shivery and needed to pull my blanket tight around my body so that my body was in no contact with the "outer air"), the itch stopped and I fell back to sleep.  This morning when I woke up, I felt hot and what happened last night happened all over again.  So I'm guessing the itch that I have now is somewhat related to my body regulator being dysfunctional, and it's no longer eczema that's causing the itch now.


No comments:

Post a Comment